Malgré un temps au départ un peu incertain pour notre seconde journée à Manhattan, les élèves américains et français étaient impatients de découvrir le programme de la journée. Nous avons commencé par la découverte de Liberty Island et la Statue de la Liberté puis avons poursuivi avec Ellis Island, ancien centre d’accueil des immigrants européens devenu maintenant un musée.
De retour sur Manhattan, sous le soleil, nous nous sommes dirigés vers Wall Street et le bâtiment de la bourse de New York, puis nous avons visité le Mémorial de 9/11 et le High Line Park qui est  un parc urbain suspendu aménagé sur une portion désaffectée des anciennes voies ferrées aériennes du Lower West Side.


Notre périple a pris fin à Times Square où les élèves ont pu faire leurs derniers achats mais aussi poursuivre leur découverte de ce lieu haut en couleurs. La journée s’est terminée au Stardust Diner, lieu très apprécié de tous car les serveurs  chantent à tour de rôle en attendant des contrats à Broadway...


Aujourd’hui, jeudi 19 avril, le départ approche à grands pas. Les élèves sont pour le moment en cours mais a midi, nous allons tous nous retrouver afin de déjeuner élèves ont pu faire leur derniers achats mais aussi découvrir poursuivre leur découverte de ce lieu haut en couleurs.

 Pour en (sa)voir plus : holala Vannes !

Lundi après les cours à Huntington...


Résultats de recherche d'images pour « huntington long island »

This afternoon after the class we went to eat at Andersen's with all the group.

After we went to Huntington, some people played with a football and the others were learning to practice skateboard. Then we went in the town and we stopped to eat ice cream or a smoothie and we went back to the car. We spent the evening at Allie's home around a fire and we celebrated Lomig’s birthday with a big cake. Afterward we came back early because everyone was tired.



Today, we woke up at 6:00 o’clock in the morning. We arrived to school at 7:10, and we went to Forensic Science class. Then, we went to Economics and English class. I went home early because I felt not good (headache). I napped from 12:00 to 3:30. While everybody went to the park, me and my host went to İhop and we got pancakes.

Résultats de recherche d'images pour « İhop »

Next, we went to the mall to get gifts for my family and my best friend. We met up with everybody else at Allie’s house where we ate tacos and quesadillas and we also celebrated Lomig’s birthday with a huge beautiful cake. We left Allie’s at 9:00 and went home. We were very tired and we, the French students, noticed that the jetlag was catching up to us.


Friday morning, we left the high school at about 7.45 am to go to New York City. After more than an hour of bus, we reached the ONU. We had a tour in the most important building of the UN: we saw the General Assembly room which is an important place. After this tour, we went by bus to the Rockefeller Center and then from this place, we walked to Times Square and visited St Patrick's Cathedral on the way. In Times Square, we had two hours of free time to discover this famous place and do some shopping in small groups. At 3.30 pm, we had an appointment in front of the Hard Rock Cafe where we ate. Then, we walked through Central Park to go to the Metropolitan Museum. In the museum, we had to choose two parts to visit and take a picture of one piece of art in each of the two rooms so that we can explain them in our travel book. The museum was our final step of the day so after that, we left New York City to go back to Smithtown.




On Friday, we left high school by bus at 7.30 am. After roughly two hours of ride, we finally saw the highly anticipated skyscrapers. We went first to the United Nations where we had a guided tour and had the chance of seeing two huge meeting rooms including the General Assembly room. We then had time to buy gifts and souvenirs in the basement of the United Nations. After that, the bus took us to St Patrick’s Cathedral that we visited and then we went to Times Square (probably the best place in the world) where we did two hours of shopping. We had lunch in a restaurant called ‘Hard Rock Cafe’ and we then went to Central park and to the Metropolitan Museum. Finally, the bus brought us back to Smithtown, we arrived at 10 pm. It’s a good thing that we didn’t have school the next day.


Pour en voir plus : 


Grâce aux photos de Xavier, nous avons une petite idée des bons moments passés par les correspondants du lycée Lesage après l'école !

Jeux sur les plages de Long Island, balade à Port Jeff' (Jefferson), petite pause goûter et une balade encore au Avalon Park.


Après notre deuxième journée de lycée, et après plusieurs parties de Kahoot très amusantes en cours de francais, nous sommes allés visiter la forêt d’Avalon. C’est un parc très sympa.

Nous étions censés aller jusqu'à une énorme sphère de métal... Mais elle n’y était pas, et personne ne savait pourquoi.
Nous sommes ensuite allés à une plage ou nous avons acheté des glaces dans une boutique de bonbons et après une visite de la plage et de la ville, nous nous sommes rendus chez Ariane pour y faire la fête.







Daniel nous a adressé cette courte vidéo intitulée " integration", ce qui veut tout dire :




I went in class in the morning during nine periods. Classes last 40 minutes and school finishes 1.55pm.

At 3 pm, the whole  group went to a restaurant called American Roadside, and Mathys took the Roadstar, a hamburger with four steaks.

Résultats de recherche d'images pour « American Roadside long island »

He finished it and won a t-shirt.

After, we went to the beach by car and it was very cool. The water was very cold  but some people went in for a quick swim.



Pour en savoir / voir plus... c'est sur Holala Vannes!










7:20, ce matin. Il a gelé, mais d'un autre côté il fait beau ! 

Les cours commencent.

Chaque journée aura ainsi le même emploi du temps, jusqu'à la 9eme periode (1:55). 

Chaque élève francais suit l'emploi du temps de son/sa correspondant/e... un emploi du temps qui ne varie JAMAIS d'un jour à l'autre. C'est donc très différent de ce qui se passe dans un lycée français.... Ci-dessous, l'emploi du temps de Nicolas :

I woke up at 6 am and I ate a muffin with my host exchange partner, Tara. Then her mother drove us to school.

During the first period, we had forensics science, it means the science of crime. We took our fingerprints with ink as if we were criminals.

In the second period, we had maths. It was very complicated and I couldn’t understand anything.Thankfully, Tara told me that it was hard even for her!

After, we were with Hugo and his host exchange partner, Allie, for a French class. We had a lot of fun and learnt to know each other a little more.

Then, we had lunch, I ate the meal that Tara’s mother had prepared for us and we tried a new drink which doesn’t exist in France: the Snapple (it tastes like ice tea).

Résultats de recherche d'images pour « snapple »

In the afternoon, we played volleyball with Thomas and his host exchange partner, Jessica. It was a very fun time.

During the 6th period, we had physics, I have to admit that it was a little boring.

And during the two last periods, Tara told me to go to the French class with the other French students.

In the afternoon, we went to the beach and some people even swam but it was very cold.

At night, I played Fortnite with Tara's brother, Thomas. He’s much better than I am.

After that, I watched an NBA playoff game between New Orleans and Portland with Tara’s dad. New Orleans won but it was very close.

Image de l'histoire pour NBA playoff game between New Orleans and Portland de

Then we went to Dan’s house for a party. We wished a happy birthday to Lucas.

After this long day, we were exhausted and went to sleep but we were all excited to discover New york the following day.

Résultats de recherche d'images pour « nyc dream »



Un groupe très sérieux et motivé...qui va commencer à alimenter ce blog dès demain, avec la contribution de leurs correspondants américains.

...ou bien ?



Pour en savoir / voir plus... c'est sur Holala Vannes!